Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Head of Planning and Compliance will lead our planning department and ensure compliance to Openreach requirements regarding PIA.
You will be responsible for leading the team responsible for MDU, SDU, and Business survey and planning activities, delivering the required quantity of approved planning packs to feed our FTTP build teams and ensuring that accurate network records/as-builts are kept.
What you’ll be doing:
In leading the team your key responsibilities will be:
- The delivery of the required quantity of approved planning packs to build, across MDU, SDU and Business workstreams.
- Ensuring the quality of those planning packs, and adherence to/development of the design standards agreed with our Head of Technology.
- Working with build to sequence planning deliverables so as to maximise build rate.
- The professional development of the planners within your team.
- Maintaining accurate network records, first as planned, and then as-built, in our digital systems.
- Ensuring compliance with Openreach PIA requirements, both in terms of design in accordance with engineering systems, but also adherence to process requirements such as noticing, network adjustments and as-builts.
- Working with HR to successfully recruit and grow the team.
- Managing relationships with outsource planning partners.
- Leading our GIS team, supporting both plan and build activities, but also in providing insight across the business.
- Working with the Head of Technology, and with Head of Network Delivery (build) to innovate the deployed passive solutions.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Likely to have experience of surveying and planning FTTP solutions for MDU and SDU, including underground and overhead aspects, and likely hold relevant professional qualifications.
- Be a strong people manager, and have demonstrated the ability to lead a team to achieve stretching output targets month on month.
- Be familiar with deployments within Openreach’s infrastructure, duct and pole.
- Be enthusiastic about working in a scale-up environment, acting with pace and building management structures as required.
- Be a competent user of GIS and digital planning and records system.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.