Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Programme Manager will lead their team to implement our full fibre network to premises across London. This team provides technical and feasibility support to our Wayleave and Sales teams during customer acquisition and is then responsible for the timely and cost- effective completion of projects to connect these customers.
Community Fibre uses a supply chain of contractors to implement its network, and the Programme Manager will take the lead role in the management of these contractor relationships for their projects. Additionally, the role-holder will work with property developers to provide network equipment, and guidance on its installation, where the property developer is undertaking this as part of construction.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure CFL access project teams achieve their optimal rate of delivery of our connections, attaining controlled delivery with respect to cost, time and quality.
- Additionally, ensure CFL project teams (inclusive of our contract partners) successfully complete all project deliverables. These include, but not limited to: CPP, RAMS, Business Cases, as-builts, wayleave documents.
- Ensure the effective and fair management of contractor deliverables in accordance with our Master Services Agreement.
- Work with Wayleave and Sales team to build a pipeline of new B2B and new-build residential customers.
- The implementation and execution of a controlled programme of works. The Programme Manager will work closely with the Programme Analyst, Head of Build, and Programme Manager - Distribution to plan and deliver programme of works that maximises the sustainable rate of premises passed within our capital and cost constraints.
- Act as an escalation point for the project teams, peer CFL business units, CFL clients; and as necessary escalate these to senior management within CFL.
- Undertake and lead process improvement initiatives to improve the
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience leading and evolving large teams, developing new capabilities within business units and managing the performance of the groups
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site
- Demonstrable experience of applicable trade and industry regulations, ensuring adherence to relevant standards and policies
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM),
- ISO Occupational Health and Safety,
- BSI guidance and standards
- NRSWA regulations, as well as SROH specifications, and permit scheme regulations
- Openreach PIA
- Supplier management experience
- Relevant experience within the Telecommunications arena, with proven track record of successful delivery of large-scale Telecom Projects
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.