Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
With a focus on the new starter journey, initial ‘on the job’ training, ongoing people development and our Apprenticeship programs; the People & Development Officer works closely with our Head of People and department leaders to support their people in all learning and development requirements and initiatives across their teams and the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying all Learning & Development opportunities within teams and across the business. Working closely with department leaders to bring these opportunities to life.
- The development and roll out of (not an exhaustive list):
- Support to leaders with the onboarding of their future Apprentices. Acting as Apprentice liaison/mentor throughout their learning and studies. Ensuring they have everything they need to be successful and supporting their leaders to foster a great learning and working environment.
- Clear and concise Employee Training Programs for new starters and existing employees. Actively getting involved and running these from time to time.
- Identifying and documenting all key requirements of a job role which an employee must demonstrate in order to be competent via Skills Mapping. Using this information to develop our new employee training plans and also to develop career paths for existing employees. Identifying their skills gaps to provide them with the training they need to bridge this.
- Identifying potential Career Pathways for job roles within the company and developing these pathways to help employees achieve their career progression goals and aspirations.
- Supporting leaders with the development of internal and external Training Programs to enhance our learning and development offering within our teams, as per the Training budget.
- Where internal training programs are identified, supporting the leader to develop these together and assist in the running of these sessions/ workshops from time to time.
- Management of our Training Matrix and company training documentation/ certificates. Ensuring all employees training and certification requirements remain in date and current.
- This role will support the Head of People from time to time with generalist people/HR related tasks and initiatives.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
- Efficient - A planner who is able to prioritise
- Flexible & adaptable
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Can-do attitude
- Curious and disruptive
- Happy to speak in front of people/ crowds
- A willingness to think outside the box and do things differently
- Utilising the Apprenticeship Levy and supporting in delivery of successful apprenticeship programs as well as developing and delivering tailored training curriculum/content (advantageous)
- Telecommunications based work environment (advantageous but not essential)
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.