Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Talent Resourcing Officer works closely with their fellow Recruiters, supporting to build talent pools for our vacancies whilst working closely with our Local Authorities, Job Centre’s, Ex-Military, Colleges, Schools and Job Fairs to help spread the Community Fibre message and build our Employer Branding to ensure we are attractive to good talent as an employer of choice and competitive in industry.
This role will support in general recruitment and the recruitment of Apprentices for CFL.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the Local Authorities, Job Centres, Ex-Military, Colleges, Schools in the communities we serve.
- Spreading the word of Community Fibre Limited as an Employer of choice, attending job fairs, college/community talks.
- Support to fellow recruiters and hiring managers on their current and future vacancies, screening CVs, coordinating candidate interviews, following up and responding back to all candidates in a timely manner.
- Management of the Recruitment Database; ensuring all hiring managers are fully competent in the use of this database for their recruitment needs. Monitoring this to keep it fully updated.
- Development and initiation of strategies to build and maintain strong pipelines for future talent across all roles but especially within the areas of network operations, field sales and customer services.
- Optimising our talent sourcing and attraction channels to ensure we are attracting the right people in a timely manner. Helping us reach out and attract candidates in new ways to meet our people demands.
- Maintaining relationships with selected recruitment agencies, maintaining a negotiated rate for their support in finding our future talent but where possible, minimising the use of agency support, building our very own talent pool capability.
- Running of Talent Open Days for high volume recruitment, where required.
- This role may support in general People Team communications and engagement initiatives for the wider team.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
- Efficient - A planner who is able to prioritise
- Flexible & adaptable
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Can-do attitude
- Happy to speak in front of people/ crowds
- A willingness to think outside the box and do things differently
- High volume recruitment
- Work with job centres, colleges, schools and presenting at Job Fairs (advantageous)
- Customer Installation and door to door sales resourcing/ recruitment (advantageous)
- Telecommunications based work environment (advantageous but not essential)
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.