Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
This role will ensure best practice project management techniques, project engagement and change processes are implemented and adhered to throughout the department.
The project management aspect will require this role to work closely with the IT Management Team and Business Stake holders to plan, assign and oversee the successful delivery of projects. In addition, this role will be required to take ownership and deliver specific project systems and management tools.
- Reports to the CIO
- Close liaison with Business Process Owners; Application Support Analysts and Developers; Infrastructure Engineers.
- Work with external suppliers & partners as appropriate
- Oversight of Project Managers, Business Analysts & Project Support Officers working on projects within the Delivery Services portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Set up, deploy and govern adherence to the analysis framework based on standard modelling techniques and methodologies.
- Set up programme and project management frameworks based on standard methodologies where appropriate.
- Perform all aspects of project management in line with Community Fibre Project Management methodologies, ensuring best practice, including ensuring scope is clearly defined, testing is supported and hand over to support is consistent
- Assign and coordinate project team activities, ensuring projects are on schedule and within budget
- Coach the Delivery Services team in analysis and project management framework and techniques. Ensure these frameworks are implemented and administered.
- Maintain standards for project reporting and documentation.
- Where required provide a level of technical hands on support and development with the information systems team. To develop and deploy a robust and ‘fitting’ Project management methodology.
- To oversee the smooth running of a professional Project Management Office function within the department and providing services for the other Technology Services departments.
- To develop and maintain relationships at all levels within a specific BU and wider IS organisation to aide planning and prioritisation of project delivery.
- CFL Business & Project planning:
- Facilitate of business cases, plans and reports for key stakeholders so as to efficiently allocate, balance incoming requests to the wider CFL team, prioritising actions so that customer expectations & subsequent deadlines are met
- Structure project teams to control & meet performance objectives
- Construct / implement and maintain project management standards
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience of overseeing multiple projects in a team environment
- Degree or related business discipline
- Able to lead ownership transfer from project teams to the business
- Experience in Project / Program Management using leading methodologies and processes where appropriate
- Proven experience in commercial engagements, including contract negation, implementation, and impact analysis
- Experience of managing and/or engaging with multiple parties including directors, senior managers, business stakeholders, and third-party vendors on new high profile and technologically innovative enterprise wide solutions
- Proven ability to management multiple projects and teams across multiple locations with experience of offshore and near shore activities.
- Prince 2 Practitioner level trained and Agile.
- Extensive knowledge of the development lifecycle within the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Advanced Jira Skills
- Budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
- Assist in establishing service level agreements with end users
- Commercial awareness
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.