Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
This position is for an Experienced Lead Architect within Community Fibres Information Technology Team and is responsible for delivering business critical changes across the company as we bring our services to more and more customers.
CFL is embarking on a multi-year systems improvement programme to transform the way we deliver our services. The Programme will comprise of a targeted set of projects across process, people, and systems, looking to enhance the existing operating model to optimise performance.
This role will take the lead role in a Centre of Excellence of Architects and Business Analysts, working within the programme and with wider teams (operations, commercial, security, IT, policy etc.) to develop the required solutions for individual projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop end-to-end solutions which incorporate all the different components of a comprehensive business architecture including people, process and technology
- Directing the team to identify user requirements and translate into future-state design and solutions which meet stakeholder expectations
- Ensure solution designs for each project align across the Programme and with other projects and change initiatives across the business
- Ensure designs and solutions are documented in a consistent way and adhere to the required standards
- Work collaboratively with a range of teams across the business and suppliers to design and develop innovative and integrated solutions
- Optimise potential of existing systems and evaluate potential for new technologies.
- Leverage business architecture best practice, methodology and tools to support with shaping and challenging business priorities, develop the documentation and to identify opportunities for delivering value
- Contribute to the development of business cases
- Design, lead and facilitate workshops and presentations with a range of Key Stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the test strategy and acceptance criteria. Supporting test activities and evaluation
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Demonstrable experience in enterprise and solution architecture encompassing technical architecture, integration architecture, data architecture and application architecture
- Problem solving, identifying, and understanding key client issues and developing innovative and compelling solution
- Strong experience of designing technical solutions, managing IT roadmaps and architectures
- Experience of multiple architectures e.g. AWS, Azure, O365
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, MODAF, NAF)
- Automation Industry knowledge role-based learning
- RPA knowledge/experience
- Experience with building business models
- Leading a small team
- Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Advanced Jira Skills
- Budgetary control and resource allocation procedures
- Assist in establishing service level agreements with end users
- Commercial awareness
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.