Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
- The Active Field Engineer takes responsibility for maintaining our active network. They are a multi-skilled Engineer, comfortable with all aspects of the active and passive network.
- You will be understanding of IP and be able to perform basic troubleshooting on a microwave radio, router or OLT. You will also understand basic electrical circuitry and be comfortable working with live active network equipment. Finally, you will be fully capable of troubleshooting within a passive network and using equipment such as power meters and OTDRs to resolve optical faults.
- The Active Field Engineer will report to the Network Operations Manager whilst working closely with our NOC team on fault resolutions and preventative maintenance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building the BT Openreach exchanges.
- Building any new cabinets and/or site expansions for monthly
- Establish protocols within the business to standardized BT exchange and cabinet design
- Manage and prioritise customer effecting issues to limit the amount of offline time experienced by subscribers.
- Work closely with our NOC team to resolve active network faults.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience of using network equipment – e.g. Cisco/Huawei.
- Experience configuring Network Equipment Routers/OLTs/Switches.
- Extensive IP experience – CCNA/CCNP level.
- Multi-skilled PON engineer with experience of cleaning and splicing fibre, cabling and testing.
- >2 years’ experience working with a service provider network and >3 years’ experience working as a network/field engineer.
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- A clean driving license.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.