Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Programme Manager will implement the core of our full fibre network serving residential and business premises across London, making extensive use of the BT Openreach PIA duct network. This team is chiefly responsible for the development and then implementation of distribution projects that provide the connectivity for our Access (residential) and B2B projects.
Community Fibre (CFL) uses a supply chain of contractors to implement its distribution network, and the Programme Manager will take the lead role in the management of these contractor relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure CFL access project teams achieve their target rate of delivery of our distribution network expansion, attaining controlled delivery with respect to cost, time and quality
- Additionally, ensure CFL project teams (inclusive of our contract partners) successfully complete all supporting project deliverables. These include, but not limited to: CPP, RAMS, Business Cases, as-builts, wayleave documents
- Ensure the effective and fair management of contractor deliverables in accordance with our Master Services Agreement
- The implementation and execution of a controlled programme of works. The Programme Manager will work closely with the Programme Analyst, Head of Build, and Access Manager to plan and deliver programme of works that maximises the sustainable rate of premises passed within our capital and cost constraints
- Act as an escalation point for the project teams, peer CFL business units, CFL clients; and as necessary escalate these to senior management within CFL
- Undertake and lead process improvement initiatives to improve the E2E delivery of a programme of works, as well contribute to peer business units’ improvement initiatives
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance
- Experience of working within street works, NRSWA
- Supplier management experience
- Relevant experience within the Telecommunications arena, with proven track record of successful delivery of large scale Telecom Projects
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners. Understanding of NRWSA and its relevance within street works with the deployment of fibre networks within the Public environment
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the requirements under H&S
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.