Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we need a Project Manager to lead the planning, build, and provisioning project deliverables for one or multiple programmes of work. The project managers duty is to coordinate the successful completion of project deliverables amongst internal and external project stakeholders. The task objectives are to ensuring project milestones are completed on time, within budget and to the standards and quality set by the business or our clients.
The project managers leadership attributes will be relied on to lead the project team, comprising of planning engineers, delivery managers, build engineers, and other internal/external specialists.
The Project Manager reports into the Programme Manager – Access MDU.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, and execute a programme of works for a prescribed work stream. This will include defining a project delivery plan, evaluating contractor capacity, and allocating resources accordingly. During the delivery phase, project milestones will be monitored, and actions taken accordingly to preserve the programmes delivery.
- Prioritise design, and build deliverables of the project
- Liaise with team members to execute on the build plan
- Engage with internal and external project stakeholders for the duration of the project. This will include stakeholders from the housing association/proprietor, local authority, 3rd party (ME, property management, other), as well as build, inspection and other specialist contractors.
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s and technical specifications are adhered to and met.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all project deliverables, and respond / take action accordingly to mitigate the problems
- Provide routine updates to project stakeholders by maintaining systems, applications, databases or other.
- Establish project budgets that align to our business guidelines and support each project through the approvals process. Once projects have been authorised, complete the necessary financial deliverables including the request for quotes, invoicing and DFE’s of our contractors.
- Coordinate the procurement of project supplies and materials, ensuring these items are tracked from supplier to installation.
- Support the build/delivery team ensuring the installations adhere to strict quality standards
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Understand of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance
- Experience of working within street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network - desirable
- Supplier management experience
- Relevant experience within the Telecommunications arena, with proven track record of successful delivery of large scale Telecom Projects
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners. Understanding of NRWSA and its relevance within street works with the deployment of fibre networks within the Public environment
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the requirements under H&S
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.