Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Customer Engineering Manager - MDU leads our team of MDU Installation Engineers to successfully install and provision our full fibre network to residential premises across London. In partnership with the SDU Customer Engineering Manager, they are chiefly responsible for timely and cost-effective completions of installs to meet our monthly premises connected target and for developing the capability and scale of their team to support our growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure our access project teams achieve their target rate of delivery of residential premises, attaining controlled delivery with respect to cost, time and quality.
- Additionally, ensure company installation teams (inclusive of our contract partners) successfully complete all installation requirements, with strict adherence to health and safety, quality and the environment.
- Act as an escalation point for the installation teams, peer company business units, company clients; and as necessary escalate these to senior management within the business.
- Undertake and lead process improvement initiatives to improve the end to end delivery of a programme of works, as well contribute to peer business units’ improvement initiatives.
- Employee Onboarding.
- Support cost saving initiatives across the business.
- Emulate our core company behaviours and attitude, ensuring your team does the same.
- Improve adherence to installation standards.
- The ongoing training, development and improvement of your team.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Managing teams and effectively leading/ managing performance.
- A thorough understanding and demonstration of leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team working ability.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Good level of understanding using a laptop and various software programs.
- Positive attitude and behaviour.
- Role-model for the team.
- Calm under pressure.
- Good time-management skills.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday (pro rata) to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.