Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Project Manager will manage individual projects which have significant importance to the development of the business.
They will take end to end responsibility for project delivery from requirements gathering through to deployment, working closely with all stakeholders and delivery teams. They will ensure that all projects under their control run to a consistently high standard of delivery with good visibility to stakeholders, clear, well thought through milestones and effective issue resolution.
The Project Manager will apply best practice to ensure that the right combination of speed and quality is maintained, with a focus on delivering excellent outcomes for customers and staff.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead all elements of a project by working effectively with all stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Plan the project by determining all resource requirements and agreeing delivery dates with delivery team.
- Deliver the project to agreed budget and timelines.
- Deploy best practice project management methods with a particular focus on issue resolution.
- Ensure effective reporting with the aim of full visibility of programme status and issues at all times.
- Operate with CFL project governance guidelines at all times .
- Perform all aspects of project management in line with Community Fibre Project Management methodologies, ensuring best practice, including ensuring scope is clearly defined, testing is supported and hand over to support is seamless.
- To develop and maintain relationships at all levels especially in the IT organisation to aide planning and prioritisation of project delivery.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Very strong customer and end-user orientation, being central to guiding project outcomes.
- Experience of managing multiple projects in a complex multi-stakeholder environment, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute various concurrent work streams in a high-pressure environment.
- Degree or related business discipline.
- Experience in Project / Program Management using leading methodologies and processes where appropriate, with the ability to lead ownership transfer from project teams to the business.
- Proven experience in commercial engagements, including contract negotiation, implementation, and impact analysis.
- Experience of managing and/or engaging with multiple parties including directors, senior managers, business stakeholders, and third-party vendors on new high profile and technologically innovative enterprise-wide solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of the development lifecycle within the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives, identify issues and take a proactive approach to dealing with them, applying disciplines like budgetary control and resource allocation.
- Excellent, clear communication skills in expressing goals, responsibility, performance, expectations and feedback; written and verbal (technical & non-technical team members, users, and business representatives of all levels).
- Team work - Seeks ideas and inputs of colleagues to make best use of team expertise and improve team performance. Freely shares knowledge and findings with others.
- Determination and motivation to succeed, with enthusiasm and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and the drive and commitment to see activities to completion.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, but with the ability to work unsupervised.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.