Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The Capacity manager is responsible for ensuring Community Fibre’s networks records are upheld to a high standard, as well as reactively offering alternative solutions in real time to projects currently being planned or in active build. The role will require a strong understanding of passive optical networks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the reporting and prioritisation of OLT capacity, upgrades, and replacement.
- Support all field activities by supplying revised documentation when re-routes or alternative designs are required.
- Progress Reporting on capacity management works.
- Liaise directly with other Planning teams i.e., distribution, and build teams to align priorities and deliver capacity requirements efficiently.
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances, and implement technical improvements where required.
- Provide solutions for efficiencies via automation and innovation across the whole OLT lifecycle.
- Create reports and presentations to ensure that network capacity risks and opportunities are understood at the appropriate management.
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Previous experience operating a Capacity Planning process
- Previous experience working in an ISP or telco environment.
- Highly organised with ability to drive execution.
- Effective communicator, able to gain support and buy in from colleagues and peers, able to challenge where required.
- Proven track record of implementing new processes and documentation.
- GIS experience; QGIS, ArcGIS, ESRI or similar
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Visio
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.