Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Community Fibre’s Field Services team is responsible for the continued reliability and serviceability of our rapidly growing FTTP network. The Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth day to day running of our growing Field Services engineer team and leads a team of Supervisors, each of who heads up a team of Field Engineers working on reactive and preventative maintenance work. The Operations Manager is responsible for the efficiency, effectiveness, safety and timeliness of the work carried out by our engineers. The Operations Manager reports to the Head of Field Services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the Field Services supervisors and their management of engineering staff, ensuring day to day performance as well as the recruitment, training and development of the team (working with CFL HR).
- Put in place and operate processes to ensure engineering staff have ready access to the right resources (including plans, tools and materials) to undertake their work.
- Act as a point of escalation for technical problem resolution.
- Engage and then manage contractor resources that are used to supplement our own internal capability.
- Work closely with Network Operations and Customer Services to ensure co-ordination of service-impacting work and minimise impact on our subscribers.
- Work closely with the Network Delivery (build) team to understand new types of infrastructure being deployed and its in-life maintenance requirements.
- Continually consider how Field Services operations can be more effective and efficient and implement improvements
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Self-starter, keen to take the initiative and actively contribute to the development of our Field Services capability.
- Strong management skills, comfortable recruiting, developing and leading a field engineering team that will grow significantly over the next few years (to c45+ engineers).
- Good understanding of FTTP deployment and ideally Openreach network use. Experience splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks.
- Experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners (desirable) and comfortable working to demanding SLAs.
- Experience of managing field teams and effectively managing safety and performance
- Familiarity with the requirements for street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Full driving license
- Able to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.