Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we require an experienced engineering supervisor to work as a fundamental team member within our Field Services team. The Supervisor must be experienced in all field-based elements of a FTTx network, showcasing technical and professional experience to our customers as well as internally to support and grow the team within the business. These systems are likely to include critical splicing field work, testing reporting and analysing new and existing contractor work. Attending customer installations requiring the attention of an experienced engineer and setting an example to all vendors internal and external for health and safety excellence at all times.
What you’ll be doing:
- Field Based Support to Head of Field Services in all Field Services Engineering/Maintenance projects.
- Manage field engineering responses to outages experienced on the passive network.
- Motivate, guide and mentor team members to exceed goals and create a positive work environment.
- Ensure splicing, testing and reporting on our optical network is carried out to a standard as outlined by the Community Fibre - Standard Splicing and Testing documentation.
- Coordinate Contractor Maintenance teams ensuring that any project-specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the Community Fibre and Contractor teams.
- Deliver toolbox talks and equipment inspections to engineering teams.
- Supervise team members in all duties and performance, providing feedback where necessary and reporting team strengths and weaknesses to the Head of Field Services.
- Lead and undertake works resulting from internal requirements, or requests from our clients and other 3rd parties to modify, remove or replace our existing network components.
- Supervise to ensure that Community Fibre Health & Safety requirements are being adhered to, in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Management System, owned by the HSEQ Manager.
- Work alongside engineers to ensure that all Field Services programmes are achieved on time and to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Train new team members to company standards, customer service, and job role duties alongside carrying out installation works yourself when required.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Experience in splicing & OTDR testing.
- Experienced in Fault finding.
- Experience within Telecommunications 1st and 2nd fix.
- Experience with incident management.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and qualifications in NRSWA.
- BT Accredited splicing qualification.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the Health & Safety requirements incumbent with such tasks.
- Working at height experience.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.