Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we require an experienced engineering supervisor to work as a fundamental team member within our Field Services team. The Supervisor must be experienced in all field-based elements of a FTTx network, showcasing technical and professional experience to our customers as well as internally to support and grow the team within the business. These systems are likely to include critical splicing field work, testing reporting and analysing new and existing contractor work. Attending customer installations requiring the attention of an experienced engineer and setting an example to all vendors internal and external for health and safety excellence at all times.
What you’ll be doing:
- Field Based Support to Head of Field Services in all Field Services Engineering/Maintenance projects.
- Manage field engineering responses to outages experienced on the passive network.
- Motivate, guide and mentor team members to exceed goals and create a positive work environment.
- Ensure splicing, testing and reporting on our optical network is carried out to a standard as outlined by the Community Fibre - Standard Splicing and Testing documentation.
- Coordinate Contractor Maintenance teams ensuring that any project-specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the Community Fibre and Contractor teams.
- Deliver toolbox talks and equipment inspections to engineering teams.
- Supervise team members in all duties and performance, providing feedback where necessary and reporting team strengths and weaknesses to the Head of Field Services.
- Lead and undertake works resulting from internal requirements, or requests from our clients and other 3rd parties to modify, remove or replace our existing network components.
- Supervise to ensure that Community Fibre Health & Safety requirements are being adhered to, in accordance with the Company Health and Safety Management System, owned by the HSEQ Manager.
- Work alongside engineers to ensure that all Field Services programmes are achieved on time and to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Train new team members to company standards, customer service, and job role duties alongside carrying out installation works yourself when required.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Experience in splicing & OTDR testing.
- Experienced in Fault finding.
- Experience within Telecommunications 1st and 2nd fix.
- Experience with incident management.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and qualifications in NRSWA.
- BT Accredited splicing qualification.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the Health & Safety requirements incumbent with such tasks.
- Working at height experience.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.