Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities.….the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Our Planning Manager will sit within Community Fibre’s Network Delivery team and is responsible for heading up the planning & design teams that design our full fibre network. You are a highly motivated professional, who will lead and support teams of Fibre Network Planners & Designers. You will be expected to deliver high quality results against tight deadlines, making sure the teams are growing organically and delivering against targets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead and motivate a team of Network Planners that are designing CFL’s full fibre network.
- Working within the operations department (Network Delivery, Maintenance, Network Operations) to develop planning processes in line with a network delivery oriented approach.
- Working with the Technical Team to understand product capacity, limitations and develop planning processes and training materials for the members of the planning team.
- Assigning project and BAU works to planning teams (both in house and external) and re-assigning resources according to the business needs.
- Make sure the company obtains value for money from planning contractors, thus impacting positively on the cost strategies.
- Ensure that the right staff are recruited.
- Ensure that planning processes are developed and documented.
- Spot check and ensure that all planning documentation is at highest standard.
- Responsible for network planning quality improvement initiatives.
- Working with our GIS team and software developers to continuously improve on asset management/inventory tool.
- Working with the Head of Planning to support high quality KPI reporting. Providing progress report on planning work activities meeting the pre-defined KPIs.
- Any other duties or tasks deemed necessary by line Management.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Proven experience of the role or similar role within a telecoms build environment.
- Formal industry academic qualifications.
- Familiarity with databases and their use.
- HNC or equivalent in an Engineering or Planning discipline would be preferable.
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels.
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Omnigraffle.
- GIS experience.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.