Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities.….the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Our Design Architect is the subject matter expert on all technical aspects of outside plant such as Fibre Cable, Connectivity Products, Blown Fibre etc. and associated build practices such as cabling, splicing, civils, testing etc.
You will hold a deep understanding of building, commissioning and testing of the outside/inside plant of FTTP networks.
What you’ll be doing:
- The successful candidate will be accountable for the end to end definition and delivery of Community Fibre’s FTTP passive network strategy (including core, distribution, access network), including ownership of all existing fibre design related topics within the current network architecture. This role will guide the Design and Technical Teams and will be responsible for defining, designing and planning the future fibre operating model, delivering a world class full fibre solution over the coming years.
- This role is pivotal to underpinning the strategic growth of Community Fibre, supporting the technical team, planning department and commercial/finance teams acting as a key channel for shaping future demand and pipeline management.
- The Design Architect works in matrix organisation pulling in cross domain resource as required.
- Development and execution of the Fibre Strategy as signed off by the company and endorsed by the Head of Planning, including definition of any proposed changes as the current fibre network matures and opportunities develop.
- Accountable for all proposed architecture design, plan and deployment activity in line with the Community Fibre strategy.
- Ensuring that the fibre solution deployed delivers the necessary technical and commercial requirement to allow Community Fibre to compete in the market and deliver the necessary customer experience.
- Senior management level stakeholder management, internal and external stakeholder management which requires proven ability to work across different stakeholder groups.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Excellent organisational skills, communications skills (written and verbal) which will be utilised in achieving desired results and are critical to the position.
- Evidence of experience building design & build guidelines and topologies within FTTP architecture.
- Great at building strong internal and external working relationships.
- Keen and eager to learn new things.
- Passionate about telecommunications and technology.
- A strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.