Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- To assist the Head of FP&A with commercial and strategic analysis.
- To assist the Commercial Director, CEO and CFO in providing projections of business performance in a variety of scenarios and how this in turn impacts company valuation and shareholder returns.
- Strong numeric ability and understanding of company drivers to appraise impact of business decisions.
What you'll be doing:
- Appraisal of all investment decisions (internal and external) and providing robust and coherent analysis to Exec Team and other external stakeholders;
- Support on all corporate finance matters including review of shareholder returns;
- Provide analysis and recommendations to the CEO, CFO and Board on all commercial partnerships and M&A activity;
- Building, reviewing and presenting on the financial models and preparing business cases for Exec and Board approval;
- Providing assistance on strategic analysis and competitor benchmarking to drive business decisions;
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Candidates must have previous relevant experience gained working in an investment bank or M&A advisory firm, the TS, corporate finance or strategy division of a Professional Services firm, or within the in house Corporate Development / Strategy function of a multinational corporate organisation.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field, ideally in business, finance or accounting; qualification such as an
ACA or CFA would be a plus, but is not required;
- Financial modelling and valuation skills and experience, including ability to understand and interpret
financial and non financial datasets;
- Proven analytical and business problem solving skills, with the ability to apply financial analysis to
- Deal transaction experience (preferred);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including written), with the ability to establish credibility and work with senior management;
- Self-starter, confident working under own initiative with results-driven work ethic and focus on attention to detail, as well as being a reliable team player; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.