Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The Data Availability team is part of the Information Technology function and is responsible for the support, development and integration of the Business Intelligence environment across the Community Fibre Ltd.
The role of the Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will collaborate with all other departments of our company. The BI analyst is also in charge of the advancement, alignment, and positioning of analytics and will enhance information solutions and take part in research projects ranging from development of utilization studies to evaluation and outcome studies.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage change control between development and production environments in relation to the systems and services within your care.
- Synthesize data and feedback from users, clients, and management
- Assist in establishing service level agreements with end users.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Articulately and concisely explain the implications of complex data
- Collaborate to perform data and process analyses required
- To maintain appropriate records of time spent, actions taken and item status to facilitate management, future problem resolution and to keep users informed of progress.
- To keep users up to date with progress and to liaise with colleagues and partners in an appropriate manner. To liaise with users regarding escalated issues and to agree appropriate courses of action and priorities.
- Participate in the development of Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
- To assist in other activities of within Information Technology function as directed.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Degree or related business discipline.
- At least five years’ equivalent work experience in a DBA role with detailed knowledge of MS Sql Server , MongoDB and Postrgres
- Strong knowledge on how to implement Stored Procedures, Extended Store Procedures, Triggers and Cursors, Views, Database Normalization, Replication, Database performance, Indexing, Database Mirroring and SQL
- Significant Experience Power BI, Metabase and/or Tableau.
- Understanding of virtualization, load balancing, clustering, caching processes
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets
- Experience with database performance tuning and monitoring tools
- Candidates who have worked in an ITIL environment would be beneficial
- Experience of data warehousing, data architecture, data quality, ETL processes, OLAP concepts, meta data concepts and project methodology an advantage
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) qualification or equivalent will be beneficial
- Knowledge of ISO27001 security standard is preferred but not essential
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.