Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- The Senior DevOps Engineer (Monitoring) is responsible for the creation and improvement of Monitoring and alerting Service processes and procedures for infrastructure, system software and application monitoring of production systems and infrastructures.
- You will help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in our growth.
- You will take our deployment & monitoring process to the next level with the opportunity to make a huge impact on our product agility and quality.
What you'll be doing:
- Producing new and update existing automated functional and non-functional monitoring scripts and tools
- Implement automation processes for monitoring tools/scripts including build and deployment
- Document and maintain created monitoring tools/scripts/alerts/events
- Working closely with the NOC and Network Engineering teams to develop an effective monitoring that cover all requirements from operations and L1/L2/L3/L4 teams
- Analyse technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, to provide monitoring recommendations for infrastructure, system and applications
- Ability to diagnose and facilitate resolution of monitoring bugs/issues
- Be the main point of contact for all monitoring communication ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of any monitoring developments, releases and issues to ensure expectations are managed
- Take part in a shared 24×7 on-call rotation
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- The Engineer should have 5-7+ years of experience working in a DevOps engineering environment
- Advanced understanding of Linux, Networking, and Internet principles
- Strong experience in monitoring infrastructure and applications using tools like (Nagios, Icinga, Grafana, InfluxDB, ElasticSearch )
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Git, Github, GitLab, others
- Strong experience of programming languages such as Python and Java and writing code and scripts.
- Development of REST APIs using a web framework (Flask preferred)
- Experience with a Provisioning tool like Puppet
- Exposure to at least one network configuration protocol (NETCONF, REST-CONF, YANG)
- Development of provisioning playbooks using a templating system (Jinja2
- Experience with both cloud and physical infrastructure, i. e., Proxmox, KVM, VMware, vSphere, AWS
- Experience with container management solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- CCNA/JNCIA/CCNP/JNICIP levels desirable
- Experience implementing technologies with a focus on operability, reliability, and scalability
- Ability to oversee and mentor team members
- Ability to keep up with software development trends and innovation
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.