Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The Strategy & Forecasting Manager is responsible for ensuring Community Fibre’s build workstreams are aligned for a consolidated approach ensuring we are prioritising around available network plans, forecasting material requirements and resource modelling. The role will require a strong understanding of passive optical networks and a high degree of forecasting and analytical management.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking rollout plans (MDU/Mid-Market/SDU etc) and aligning them to the network strategy ensuring a smooth handover to build .
- Use analytical skills to align capacity allocations for roll outs.
- Forecasting build material requirements and liaising with Procurement to ensure stock demand is managed effectively
- Create and maintain resource models for all roles within Network Delivery to successfully scale the operation
- Engage with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all project deliverables, and respond / take action accordingly to mitigate the problems
- Provide routine updates to project stakeholders by maintaining systems, applications, databases and leading delivery calls.
- Support the build/delivery team ensuring they have clear roll out plans developed in line with the network roll out.
- Provide solutions for efficiencies via automation and innovation across the whole project creation to build lifecycle.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Previous experience within the Capacity Planning process
- Previous experience working in an ISP or telco environment.
- Highly organised with ability to drive execution.
- Effective communicator, able to gain support and buy in from colleagues and peers, able to challenge where required.
- Proven track record of implementing new processes and documentation.
- GIS experience; QGIS, ArcGIS, ESRI or similar
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Analytical thinker
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.