Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- A great opportunity for a talented Technical Architect to create, design and implement infrastructure technologies across the core network, distribution, aggregation and access elements and systems-network automation solutions.
- You will be responsible for providing architectural and security oversight and direction collaborating and acting as a sounding board for critical low-level decisions.
- Act as a Senior member by assisting and guiding the NetOPS team members in updating/ maintaining the Network-systems strategy, frameworks, standards and principles as well as in the development and delivery of high-quality solutions.
- You will be tasked with finding better, faster, more effective solutions for mission critical projects. The work is challenging, but overall, it is extremely rewarding.
- The opportunity to improve the way both you and we do things is plentiful in this role as both continuous innovation and technical optimisation of network-systems infrastructure is top priority.
- You will help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in Community Fibre’s growth.
What you'll be doing:
The Technical Architect is responsible for providing 4th line support, design solutions to time, cost and quality as well as creating proven best practices.
- Bring innovation: Always look at improving network and systems Technology architecture of CFL; fast, reliable, scalable as well as flexible toward new opportunities & Technologies.
- Project Control and Governance, defines principles and standards.
- Defines and provides recommendations on High- and Low-level designs, analysing design specifications and validating.
- Extensive Network, Scripting, Systems technical skills and analytical abilities across existing and new platforms and technologies
- Instructs on potential security threats/vulnerabilities around the existing Network – System ecosystems/technologies.
- Collaboration with external suppliers and vendors
- High profile Wholesale/ Business / Enterprise/ Internal Customer interaction skills and experience to define and elaborate technical infrastructure requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers, supporting the design, implementation and troubleshooting when required.
- Take part of the on-call rotation at the 4th line support level.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- The individual should have a minimum of 10 years of proven experience working in DevOps Network engineering in an ISP or large Enterprise environment.
- Hold or have previously held a CCIE or JNCIE certification or be able to demonstrate that you are operating at that level.
- Cisco and Juniper extended experience: IOS XE-XR-ISR, MXes, QFXes, ACXes etc.
- Strong knowledge of multiple network technologies IPv6, MAT-T, CGNAT, multicast, Ethernet, Switching, QinQ, VPLS, L2VPN MPLS, BNG, PIM and Firewalls security practices.
- Strong understanding of the major routing protocols: BGP, IS-IS.
- Advanced understanding of Linux.
- Proven Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible, Github, GitLab.
- Strong experience of programming languages such as Python and Java and writing code and scripts.
- Experience to at least one network configuration protocol (NETCONF, REST-CONF, YANG).
- Development of provisioning playbooks using a templating system (Jinja2) is a plus
- Proven Experience with both cloud and physical infrastructure, i. e., Proxmox, KVM, VMware, AWS
- XGS-PON exposure is a plus
- Experience with container management solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience implementing technologies with a focus on operability, reliability, and scalability.
- Development of REST APIs using a web framework (Flask preferred) – Desirable.
- Make use of automation of infrastructure orchestration and provisioning through infrastructure-as-a-code solution. Working with challenging deadlines and competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail with a methodical approach and excellent time management skill
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage high volumes of work.
- In-depth troubleshooting, drive complex issues to conclusion.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.