Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- The NetOPS Lead shares day to day responsibility for the team which provides and manages the following technical services for the business: Network, Servers, automation, backup services, monitoring and alerting.
- You will manage scheduling and resource for project delivery, and with solution and service direction.
- While you are not expected to be an SME in all areas of the technology provided by the team, you should have working knowledge of all allowing you to challenge and support team member proposals.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and manage the NetOPS team that drives organizational standards for operational excellence and resiliency.
- Manage the design and development of new solutions (LLD, testing, deployment, post-launch monitoring) in-line with business goals.
- Assist on developing, communicating, and maintaining project road maps.
- Manage Jira Kanban requests and handle escalation tickets from the NOC team to support the network and systems environments.
- Dive into details of issues, make technical contributions, and drive the delivery of network, systems and infrastructure solutions.
- Able to multitask effectively and remain professional and patient during stressful situations.
- A professional manner with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate and driven to provide better and more improved services with a strong focus on reliability and excellence.
- Support the staffing, onboarding, training, development, and performance management of the Teams' members.
- Assist in the hiring and training of new personnel.
- Drive and support Continual Service Improvement.
- Works closely with the Architect - Design Authority
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- 5+ years of experience with Network and Systems technologies.
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring in driven and high performing teams
- Familiarity with Layer 3 routing, layer 4-8 troubleshooting, and layer 2 technologies
- Familiarity with DevOPS , Systems and automation tools .
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.