Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- Due to our continued rapid expansion across London, and recent investment funding, Community Fibre is looking for an experienced, commercially minded, highly motivated, articulate and confident team player who can create, grow and manage multiple large client relationships. The successful candidate will join an innovative, fun, dynamic, and highly respected industry leading service provider, and will be helping to develop the sales strategy across the residential and commercial property market
- Key to our success is ensuring Freeholders understand the advantages of Community Fibre and want our network to be installed at their property via successful Wayleave negotiations
What you'll be doing:
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities, building and managing client relationships, and winning permissions to install our infrastructure to improve the broadband within residential properties
- Driving awareness within the property industry through engagement with key organisations, decision makers, and influencers including c-level executives
- Presenting the benefits of our full-fibre solution to potential clients
- Educating Freeholders, helping them to understand the legislation associated with full fibre broadband installation (Electronic Communications Code 2017)
- Overcoming objections with Freeholder partners
- Being trustworthy and influencing others to follow the direction of you and Community Fibre
- Building the commercial structure of deals, and managing them through the business approval process
- Obtaining the Freeholders agreement (Wayleave) to have full fibre installed at their building
- Working in multiple virtual teams to ensure smooth client delivery
- Forecasting to the business the future periods in which Wayleaves will be agreed
- Regular ongoing business KPI reporting
- Internal senior level key stakeholder engagement and management
- Establishing sustainable long-term partnerships and working on developing strong, positive relationships with Freeholders, influencing them to become advocates of Community Fibre
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- A minimum of five years of Sales or Business Development experience is required
- Proficiency with Google and/or Microsoft Office suite is required
- Experience of working in the property market is preferred
- Experience of working in the full fibre internet industry is preferred
- Experience with legal contracts is not required, although would be highly advantageous
- Experience of using Zendesk sell is not required, but would be advantageous
- An understanding of Marketing Communications is not required, but would be advantageous
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.