Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities.….the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The Head of Strategy Planning will establish the strategic direction of our planning department in terms of planning capacity and network architecture, ensuring compliance to Openreach requirements regarding PIA.
You will be responsible for ensuring we have the ability to continue to scale the Planning team both internally and through our Planning Partners across all workstreams of MDU, SDU, B2B, New Build and Core Distribution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting and executing the strategic direction for Planning in CFL.
- Scaling the external planning capacity to produce quality planning packs that enable build of all premise types as well as the core network distribution.
- Establish the network architecture for planning in agreement with our Head of Technology & Head of Planning.
- Maintaining accurate network records, first as planned, and then as-built, in our digital systems.
- Ensuring compliance with Openreach PIA requirements, both in terms of design in accordance with engineering systems, but also adherence to process requirements such as noticing, network adjustments and as-builts.
- Working with the Head of Planning and People team to successfully recruit and grow the function.
- Managing relationships with outsource planning partners.
- Working with the Head of Technology and with Heads of Build to innovate the deployed passive solutions.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- You will have significant experience of surveying and planning FTTP solutions for MDU and SDU, including underground and overhead aspects, and likely hold relevant professional qualifications.
- You’ll be an experienced senior manager, and have demonstrated the ability to lead a team to achieve stretching output targets month on month.
- You’ll have an excellent network of outsourced planning organsiations to support the continued growth in Planning demand.
- Experienced with deployments within Openreach’s infrastructure, duct and pole.
- Be enthusiastic about working in a scale-up environment, acting with pace and building management structures as required.
- Be a competent user of GIS and digital planning and records system.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.