Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities.….the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Our Network Inventory Manager is responsible for ensuring Community Fibre’s network records are upheld to a high standard, as well as reactively offering alternative planning solutions in real time for active build projects when required. The additional responsibility of monitoring both active and passive equipment capacity, and duct utilisation is key to the growth of Community Fibre. This role will require a strong understanding of GIS systems, Openreach PIA and FTTP (GPON & XGS-PON) architecture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as the technical lead responsible for recording and reporting As-built documentation from 3rd party build partners
- Own the reporting and prioritisation of OLT capacity, upgrades and replacement
- Support all field activities by supplying revised documentation when re-routes or alternative designs are required
- Own the relationship between 3rd party planning & design partners undertaking As-built quality checks and network digitisation
- Progress reporting on all as-built recording, network digitisation, and capacity management works
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region where required
- Liaise directly with other Planning teams i.e. distribution, and build teams to align priorities and deliver on planning requirements efficiently
- Understand the topologies involved in a FTTH fibre rollout and be able to propose new solutions, products or processes where required
- Act as a subject matter expert on GIS systems and be able to provide training workshops to the wider Network Planning & Design team
- Quality Checking planning documents created by in-house employees, external partners
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances, and implement technical improvements where required
- Analyse large amounts of data to find trends and risks, and be able to present these findings up to director level
- Provide solutions for efficiencies via automation and innovation across the whole Network Planning & Design team
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- FTTP Network Planning experience - Good civils and fibre planning experience
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation preferred but not essential
- Openreach PIA experience
- Proven data analysis skills via Excel, Microsoft Access etc
- Proven track record of implementing new processes and documentation
- GIS experience; QGIS, ArcGIS, ESRI or similar
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
- Team management and 3rd party management experience
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Visio
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.