Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities.….the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- Managing the Procurement function to ensure that Community Fibre continues to create a competitive advantage through procuring products and services that generate superior value to our customers
- Leading a wide range of tenders from different areas of the business
- Providing commercial and procurement advice and guidance to other colleagues
- Improving and assisting in implementing new procurement processes and policies
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily Management and administration of the company Procurement Function:
- Generating the documentation for RFIs and RFQs alongside departmental stakeholders
- Running tenders for Procurement led projects
- Attending regular supplier meetings to ensure open streams of communication
- Maintaining and updating MRP databases for vendors and pricing
- Carrying out due diligence on new suppliers
- Strategic Category Management
- Regular reviews of the active market for each supply category
- Maintaining a record of contracts within the business and ensuring that the contract renewal is well documented and the business department is aware of any upcoming demands
- Developing a plan for generation of savings against budget
- Regular management reporting on project progress
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Proven experience in category management and procurement
- Experience in leading multiple tenders in a number of different categories
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry
- Experience working with sub contract management
- Knowledge of Procurement best practices and processes
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant field, or accredited in CIPS or working towards CIPS Level 4.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including intermediate excel Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Databases
- Full valid driving licence
- Good organisation and project management skills
- People management and leadership skills
- Contract management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiations skills
- Detail orientated
- Fiscally responsible
- Can maintain a solid level of communication across the Company
- Consistent management of multiple stakeholders
- This role can be carried out remotely, however it would be beneficial if the individual is able to freely travel around the UK to visit any suppliers with relatively little notice (not less than a business day)
- Savings Generated within a rolling 12 month period
- Management of Contracts and Suppliers
- Support of business needs with Tenders
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market.
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution.
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days.
- Birthday leave, our treat to you.
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible WFH policy.
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health.
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people.
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.