Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- The Active Field Engineer electrician takes responsibility for maintaining our active network. They are a multi-skilled Engineer, comfortable with all aspects of electrical works.
- You will require experience on PDU , Eltek , Eaton batteries and relevant qualifications.
- DC , cabinet , exchange environment and new-build system design and installation.
- The Active Field Engineer Electrician will report to the Network Operations Manager whilst working closely with our NOC team on fault resolutions and electrical maintenance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead/undertake proactive/reactive maintenance activities, including every cab is as per standard, electrical maintenance
- Lead/undertake preventative maintenance activities, including inspection of active equipment, and occasionally passive equipment.
- Strip-out and refurbishment of existing networks
- Control systems design and installation
- Commercial and industrial lighting, Fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
- Cable management tray and conduit installation
- Work closely with our NOC team to resolve active network faults.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant previous job experience of >5 years and training on site.
- Multi-skilled PON engineer with >3 years’ experience of cleaning and splicing fibre, cabling and testing.
- High and low voltage network maintenance and repair
- Standby generating systems supply and installation
- Electrical safety surveys and recommendations
- Provision of full safety testing and maintenance programmes
- Installation and maintenance of building management systems (BMS)
- Be able to provide the following electrical testing services:
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Eltek or Eaton
- City and Guilds 2382-18
- any other City and Guilds electrical accreditation
- A clean driving license.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.