Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 200,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Community Fibre believes in a more inclusive future where everyone has access to better broadband. An important part of that is to provide fast internet access to some of those who need it the most, and the opportunities for education, training, employment, social inclusion, and community projects it can provide.
The Community Investment Manager contributes to the achievement of the overall social and inclusion company goals by:
- Maximising our presence and support amongst the communities we serve, especially the ones provided with free access to internet in their community space.
- Building and leveraging the community engagement to create more loyalty and advocacy.
- Managing and expanding our network of Digital Ambassadors, fighting the digital divide at a grassroots level.
What you'll be doing:
- Learn the root causes of digital exclusion locally and develop ways to help people with different needs gain basic digital skills and safely and confidently access online services and technology.
- Align and maintain a positive relationship with council’s representatives in charge of social and digital inclusion.
- Contribute to increase the number of community centres provided with a Free Gigafast connection.
- Own and champion good practice in terms of project delivery and standards, working closely with the broader team and being a point of contact for all digital activity and projects.
- Work in partnership with the local communities and relevant project partners to develop and maintain a central source of information for local digital activity and services.
- Recruit volunteers to become Digital Ambassadors, onboard them and continue to support them in their certification journey through specific platforms such as Digital Unite.
- Support and engage with a network of Digital Ambassador volunteers to ensure Ambassadors remain active and engaged
- Keep up to date with key developments in the field of digital inclusion, digital support services and related activity and projects.
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships or activities that will support the development of the Digital Ambassador Program and our presence among the community we serve.
- Provide regular reporting to the Community Fibre management regarding the activities described above.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Good written and spoken English
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the digital divide and community engagement.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to proactively solve problems and share findings and developments.
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft products
- A second language is desirable but not required
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.