Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for financial close at month end, completing key reconciliations, and statutory reporting. In addition the role will also take ownership of payroll, VAT, investor reporting, and liaising with HMRC directly where needed.
What you’ll be doing:
Financial Month end:
- Support preparation of month end accounts, undertaking balance sheet reconciliations, including accruals and prepayment analysis
- Maintaining up to date account reconciliations for key accounts, ensuring timely resolution of reconciling items and constant process improvement
- Liaising with group companies to incorporate their results into the consolidated management accounts
Take responsibility for key financial processes:
- Preparation of monthly payroll, including all queries with HMRC. Liaising with staff in the business to obtain overtime and commission information
- Analysis of monthly spend and submission of VAT returns
- Adhering to OFCOM reporting requirements
- Support implementation of new accounting software (MS Dynamics), including completing analysing and transferring data between systems
- Provide guidance on the IFRS accounting rules, particularly regarding fixed assets
- Support the year end audit, including tax compliance and R&D submissions
- Preparation of the group statutory financial statements
- Support the business with M&A activity and Due Diligence, as required
- Completion of investor information requests and reporting
- Business partnering with relevant departments within the company to provide financial support and information
- Identifying and improving financial control weaknesses throughout the business
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
Qualifications and experience
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong academics, degree (2:1) or similar
- Experience in top 10 audit firm/professional services firm or large corporate
- Experience with group accounting principles and consolidations, under IFRS
Attributes & Skills
- Advanced Excel skills (pivots, power pivots, get and transform), knowledge of Power BI, and foundational programming would be an advantage
- Ambitious, keen to get hands on experience in a fast-changing scale-up environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented and experienced in follow-through and completion of projects
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in technology industry
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.