Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Community Fibre is looking for a Head of Channel Marketing and CRM Communication that will play a crucial role in our go-to-market and engagement strategy.
The role will be to create, communicate and execute the GTM and retention strategies & plans for the consumer segment of Community Fibre. The head of will be responsible for the strategy and planning, aligning all necessary activities from all other Business functions, including proposition launches, promotions, new channel origination, testing and improvements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the development and delivery of data-led customer acquisition and retention strategies, including customer segmentation, pricing and promotional strategy across various channels. Compile the requirements of multiple business area’s contact strategies into a unified contact strategy, to optimise the customer experience and to avoid mis/over communication.
- Own the direct marketing channels (OOH, BTL, Direct Mail, CRM/Email & SMS), planning and implementing Direct marketing campaigns to acquire new customers and managing the growth in value of our customer base in the consumer market.
- Plan, own and evolve the channel marketing calendar to include acquisition priorities, promotional activities across all channels for best customer engagement
- Analyse market data, trends, consumer preferences, and competitor behaviour to optimize marketing strategies. Keep track of and implementing the latest marketing technologies and techniques, and bring external best practice into the business and team
- Gather marketing campaign data, evaluating the impact of strategies, and reporting the results.
- Overseeing the channel marketing and CRM team and documenting processes.
- Managing all marketing campaign communications and establishing strong partner networks. Coordinating execution of the channel marketing calendar by working closely with internal and external stakeholders. Developing trusted relationships with multiple key business stakeholders.
- Establishing and monitoring key metrics, spend, placement and channel mix maximising conversion customers to purchase throughout the funnel. Provide relevant, frequent and appropriate reporting to stakeholders on these metrics, identifying trends and insights, and optimising spend and performance-based analytics.
- Advancing our use of personalisation and customer journeys across all channels
- Driving the personal and operational relationships necessary to accelerate our growth and delivery
- Aligning the Channel Marketing and CRM Communication team on what the department is working towards across channels and driving the team to hit project delivery deadlines and communicating progress in the appropriate senior forums. This involves working closely with Senior Commercial Stakeholders across the business.
- Setting budgets, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying and filling resource gaps, and implementing and refining processes as required
- Managing the reactive marketing processes to ensure that we can be agile as a business and react to external and internal trading factors, but align this with our ongoing Marketing Calendar plans.
- Work closely with the Brand, Digital and PR leads to ensure all functions are aligned, so that all output is consistent and brand-relevant. Work with Commercial leads to ensure that channel plans and market insight is fed into the ongoing marketing calendar.
- Planning and executing ongoing AB tests, sharing results internally and ensuring all learnings are built into ongoing briefs
- Team management, ensuring that everyone has growth objectives, cascaded from the Team and Department objectives; direct day-to-day line management of the Channel Marketing and CRM teams
- Maintain a strong focus on communicating and sharing team output with direct business stakeholders. Also communicate beyond core stakeholders, to promote the team’s capabilities, knowledge and expertise
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, business, or in a related field.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a channel management/marketing role, 4+ in a similar leadership role within the consumer sector and experience of working closely with and/or managing creative, production, and design teams
- Exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills – a critical thinker with a problem solving mind. Strong focus on driving performance and metrics with a trading mentality and the commercial ability to identify and create growth opportunities for the business
- Superb leadership, communication, and collaboration capabilities. Able to coach, influence and inspire, with the ability to know when to delegate and when to become involved.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven record of relationship-building with key stakeholders.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage and drive multiple time-critical projects at the same time in a high pace environment.
- Experience owning or partnering closely with senior leaders in media planning and integrated communications strategy
- Experience with budget and resource management
- Experience building, mentoring, and managing high performing teams
- Experience managing partnerships with external partners and agencies
- Experience creating breakthrough, effective integrated marketing campaigns that drive measurable business growth
- A working understanding of print (direct/OTP/inserts/partnerships), OOH, Video and radio production
- Experience in Retail environments, delivering campaigns designed to maximise visibility and customer attention
- Demonstrable current expertise in marketing, channel management, digital tools and GTM strategies
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.