Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Scheduling and prioritisation of planning work activities
- Progress reporting on planning work activities
- Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Carry out detailed survey work in your area, to include but not limited to meeting design specification for civils and fibre build
- Creation of efficient and accurate detailed job packs
- Good understanding of build disciplines - including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, BoM, etc
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role
- Highlight and escalate major design variances to the planning base
- Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information
- Ensure accurate completion of all planned submissions and work is completed on time
- Become proficient to highlight and escalate major design variances
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Access Network Planning experience
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- Planning knowledge out to the homes, across legacy and current telco access network topologies
- Proven track record of planning successful projects
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Omnigraffle
- GIS experience (QGIS)
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces Friendly Organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.