Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
As Solution Architect, you will develop your knowledge of our Application Architecture to help Community Fibre Limited (CFL) solve business, information and technology related problems.
You will work closely with the Enterprise Architect and other Technology professionals to develop and simplify our application landscape, identifying areas of improvement and monitoring the outcome of new or upgraded systems
You will support the Enterprise Architect in being the “glue” that integrates the project strategies across multiple projects, providing alignment between management priorities, business strategies and drivers, and product strategies.
You will work closely with the development teams to deliver end to end solutions which meet requirements, are highly scalable and enable rapid on-going development as new features and capabilities are requested to support the rapid growth of the business
What you’ll be doing:
- At the team level, work with business analysts, project managers and product delivery teams to provide alignment on business priorities vs application capabilities and strategies
- At the portfolio level, work with the key business stakeholders and Project Management Office to establish the right processes for managing and prioritising all system change that impacts the Enterprise Architecture
- Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues
- Adherence to the Enterprise Architecture development framework based on standard modelling techniques and methodologies.
- Communicate effectively across organisational and technical boundaries, understanding the context and communicate with business people and management, on their terms.
- Represent and be an advocate for Solution Architecture tools and techniques, be innovative and keep up to date with the latest trends
- Create open and collaborative environment to work in, be flexible, adaptable and have a willingness to learn
- Engage in elements of risk management such as effectively managing and tracking the mitigation of risks and manage various dependencies across teams, departments and governance as a whole
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Experience of implementing solutions in multi-cloud architectures and building hybrid environments, including AWS and Azure.
- Experienced in delivering solutions with high numbers of end users across multiple customer facing teams
- Experienced in delivering solutions with a high level of customer self service via portals and apps.
- Being a trusted advisor to senior business management on business and information integration strategies
- Good working knowledge in Cloud Services such as AWS (Kubernetes, Lambda, S3, ECS, EMR).
- Experience in implementing CI/CD setup – DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Codebuild, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy and CodePipeline.
- Deployment strategies and deploying solutions to multiple environment, blue-green deployments and automation.
- Knowledge of BI and visualisation tools – Power BI, SSRS .
- Knowledge of SQL and No-SQL database technologies (RDS, DynamoDb, PostgreSQL /SQLServer ..etc).
- Application of data warehouse design principles Kimball /dimensional modelling, data architecture and data integration techniques.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.