Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
Overall, you will be a core member of Community Fibre’s Digital Customer Acquisition Squad with the mission to make CFL the fastest growing fibre network in London, bringing internet speeds of up to 3 Gbps to Londoners to get London ready to be a technology leader.
CFL is transforming into a digital leader to enable our fast growth to 1m households by 2023. We’re a team of doers and move at the highest possible pace.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs.
- Experience in building new data /schema models and reverse engineer existing data models from live systems.
- Ability to build multiple database designs per microservice using Data Modelling tools and exposing and consuming via API’s.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents simple programs or scripts under the direction of others
- Identify the problems and gaps in the current data models (As-IS) and propose a viable data models (To-Be) that will fit the bill for the microservice architectures.
- Provide Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Model views, Data Strategy, and Data Processes, Data Profiling and Data Mapping required for the solution.
- Knowledge of different types of problems in databases, data processes, data products and services and how to resolve
- Excellent knowledge of contact relational databases or NoSQL Databases (MongoDB) and Elastic Search Engines and ETL Tools such as FME or Talend, AWS GLUE.
- Design Relational or Schema-less Database design that are robust, flexible and ACID in nature.
- Demonstrable understanding of how to expose data from systems (for example, through APIs), link data from multiple systems and deliver streaming services
- Has the required breadth and depth of SQL
- Ability to communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context
- Makes complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable ability to develop fit for purpose, resilient, scalable and future-proof data services to meet user needs
- Strong administrative skills, time management and multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions and judgements independently
- Experience in a similar data engineering role
- GDPR knowledge
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Working experience with microservice architectures and Kubernetes etc.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Database Designs and experience in building Data Lakes using AWS or Azure.
- Cloud governance, management, controls and automation.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.