Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
- We are looking for an ambitious and driven Project Finance Controller to join our team to implement business process & managing for managing the scaling up of our Business Partners
- The Project Finance Controller will have strong stakeholder skills and be able to work collaboratively with other areas of the business.
- The Project Finance Controller will manage a portfolio of projects for Finance and our Build Partners, ensuring that business requirements are met
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing all inbound supplier communications and building relationships with our key suppliers
- Processing quotes and raising purchase orders, working with the operations team where most spend is incurred
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations, dealing with supplier queries, opening / closing supplier accounts
- Ensuring all supplier invoices are received, authorised, and processed in a timely manner
- Assisting with the preparation of the supplier payment runs and accounts payable month end process to ensure the deadlines are met
- Define a manage the onboarding of Build Partners to support the delivery of homes passed
- Manage the commercial and financial forecasting and payments to our Build Partners ensuring all work is undertaken within the approved budgets.
- Define business capabilities for our Build Partners
- Identify business process improvements and provide recommendations for improvements covering but not limited to; transactions processing, reporting & analysis and the controls framework
- Work across departments to define business processes e.g. asset management & stock management
- Work closely with IT and other stakeholder groups to ensure any new processes and systems meet business requirements (functional & non-functional)
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Accounts Payable experience or similar
- AAT qualified or working toward relevant accounting qualification
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Xero / Microsoft Dynamics accounting systems
- Keen to get hands on experience in a fast-changing environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in technology industry
- Experience of delivering implementations using; AGILE & PRINCE 2 & knowledge of SDLC
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.