Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 400,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The Delivery Manager duty is to oversee street works related activities, to ensure our build meets CFL’s engineering guidelines, New Roads and Street Works Act, QHSE requirements as well as the Local Authority/Highway Authorities conditions. Support the Senior Engineer/project managers in ensuring milestones are completed on time and to the standards and quality set by the business. Ensure CFL complete all project deliverables including as-builts, wayleave documents.
Manage contractor deliverables in accordance with our Master Services Agreement.
- Manage the quality of the build & installation of Core projects whether internally or externally with contractor.
- Engagement with Local and Highway Authorities in relation to our programme of works. Monitor street works permits, negotiate early starts manage FPN’s and ensure the timely resolution of defects.
- Supervision of contractor installation teams, ensuring all project specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the contractor teams.
- Assist Senior Engineer/Project Manager in key tasks associated with client sites including; performance managing contractor resource, reporting and site handover documentation.
- Verifying at relevant project stages these standards have been achieved
- Ensure that CF H&S requirements are being adhered to at all times
- Act as an escalation point for the project teams, CFL business units, CFL clients and escalate these to management within CFL.
- Understanding of PIA works FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery
- Previous experience in Civil/Construction network build
- Understanding of Noticing conditions & LA Highways working practices
- A working knowledge of fibre network build through job experience and training
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance
- Experience and Qualification within street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network - desirable
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors
- Communications skills & ability to provide accurate & timely reports to the Business as requested
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.