Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- A great opportunity for a talented CPE Lead Engineer to select, develop, test and integrate the consumer home gateways solutions, including hardware and software across fibre in Community Fibre
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the FTTH test automation strategy and evolution and/ or associated infrastructure investments for Home gateway development projects, and interfacing this into other test teams and our vendors.
- You will act as the Technical Lead interfacing to multiple vendors.
- You will be tasked with finding better, faster, more effective solutions for mission critical projects. The work is challenging, but overall, it is extremely rewarding.
- The opportunity to improve the way both you and we do things is plentiful in this role as both continuous innovation and technical optimisation of network-systems infrastructure is top priority.
- You will contributes to the transformation strategy for a network, platform or technology discipline in own area of expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- The CPE Lead Engineer manages all the relevant relationships with the local stakeholders across the Business for CPE roadmap, new software features and product changes.
- You will stimulate the identification of home connectivity solutions efficiency in hardware and software capabilities - assure execution of committed savings as well as promoting standardized software architectures, CPE models across fixed networks in Community Fibre and migration to approved solutions/vendors, through feasibility analysis and business case assessment.
- And finally you will document properly all the testing lifecycle outcome and promote testing automation.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Technical Leadership of investigation and analysis in the responsibility area.
- Highly Skilled in Embedded Test Automation Development using tools such as Test Shell, Robot Framework.
- Experience in testing home gateway and related (WAN &LAN) networking technologies, ideally with a focus on automated test techniques and in FTTH.
- Working knowledge of Home Gateway standards including, but not restricted to: XGS-PON, FTTH, IPv4/IPv6, PPP, IPoE, Wifi, UPnP, IPSEC, TR181/TR069, TR181.
- Deep understanding of the hardware and software constraints related to developing Test System for home gateways.
- Good understanding of the telecoms industry with a strong understanding of CPE chipset availability, limitations and commercials.
- Willing to undertake self-development in required areas. Experienced team leader, able to motivate and direct others with prior line management experience (preferred)
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.