Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- The Senior Network DevOps Engineer is responsible of the design, integration, deployment, and performance evaluation of the full end to end Network (Core-Distribution-Aggregation-Access) following a continuous integration and development approach on all aspects.
- You should be hungry for hands-on experience, have a desire to think outside of the box and have strong understanding in Networks as well as being an experienced DevOps engineer from a coding background.
- Act as a Senior member of the wider Network Engineering team, providing the team with a technical escalation point and acting as a mentor to other network engineers in the team. The opportunity to improve the way both you and we do things is plentiful in this role as both continuous innovation and technical optimisation of network infrastructure is top priority.
- You will help scale our Engineering function at an exciting time in Community Fibre’s growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for providing 4th line support, design solutions to time, cost and quality and creating proven best practices.
- Analyse technical architecture of Network and Systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, to provide recommendations for Network and Systems infrastructures and applications.
- Create and implement high and low-level designs in alignment with architecture principles and standards.
- Investigate, initiate, and develop automation for network element configuration management, and subscriber provisioning.
- Design, develop, deploy, manage, and maintain, multi-vendor, multi-technology, Network and Systems infrastructures as well as their applications.
- Adept and creative skills for solving complex technical network, systems, and security challenges across multiple functions.
- In-depth troubleshooting, troubleshoot issues efficiently while effectively communicating escalations and outcomes.
- Network, Devops, Systems aptitude. The skill to take a new technology, research it, test it in the lab and deploy it live.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to other engineers, supporting the design, implementation and troubleshooting when required.
- Take part of the on-call rotation at the 4th line support level.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- The Engineer should have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in a DevOps Network engineering environment.
- Cisco and Juniper extended experience: IOS XE-XR-ISR, MXes, QFXes, ACXes etc.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple network technologies IPv6, CGNAT, Ethernet, Switching, QinQ, VPLS, L2VPN MPLS, BNG, PIM and Firewalls security practices.
- Good understanding of the major routing protocols: BGP, IS-IS, OSPF.
- Advanced understanding of Linux.
- Experience with at least one DevOps tools like Ansible, GitLab, others.
- Strong experience of programming languages such as Python and Java and writing code and scripts.
- Experience with a Provisioning tool like Puppet.
- Exposure to at least one network configuration protocol (NETCONF, REST-CONF, YANG).
- Development of provisioning playbooks using a templating system (Jinja2) is a plus
- Experience with both cloud and physical infrastructure, i. e., Proxmox, VMware, AWS
- Experience with container management solutions such as Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience implementing technologies with a focus on operability, reliability, and scalability.
- XGS-PON exposure (Desirable)
- Development of REST APIs using a web framework (Flask preferred) - Desirable
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.