Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 500,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 300,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 1 million in 2023.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- To coordinate the successful delivery of PIA including civils and 2nd fix in the B2B, New Build and Mid- Market areas;
Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out pre PIA assessments in the field using Planning information provided
- Liaising with Planning and Wayleave teams to resolve PIA route challenges
- Support our Build partners in managing 2nd Fix installations and pre and post issues
- Ensure our Build partners are working safely including within the BT Openreach PIA Network, by carrying out Health and Safety and Quality audits to CFL approved standards
- Acting as an in-field escalation point for Build partners, working with them to resolve issues
- Produce regular progress and status reports for in flight deliveries
- Identify & help resolve existing process breakdown &/or process gaps working with CFL PM
- Liaise with 3rd parties including Local Authority, Landlords and Build Partners
- Complete online documentation to accurately record all work completed, including photographic evidence
- Complete site specific Risk Assessments prior to commencement of work
- Adhere to company health and safety policies at all times
- Work with CFL PMs to help validate additional works
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid SA002 and S7 BT Accreditations
- Proven experience within BT Openreach PIA network
- NRSWA Supervisor card is an advantage
- First aid at work training desirable
- CSCS Card is an advantage
- Working knowledge and understanding of 1st and 2nd fix customer installations is advantageous.
- N23 auditing desirable
- Previous QGIS experience
- NOPS smart card holder
- Sound knowledge of Civils/fibre/TRR/Splicing works
- Basic IT skills in Word/Project/Excel/Outlook
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.