Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The holder of this role will manage individual projects which have significant importance to the development of the business. The project manager will take end to end responsibility for project delivery from requirements gathering through to deployment, working closely with all stakeholders and delivery teams. They will ensure that all projects under their control run to a consistently high standard of delivery with good visibility to stakeholders, clear, well thought through milestones and effective issue resolution. The holder will apply best practice to ensure that the right combination of speed and quality is maintained.
The focus is on delivering excellent outcomes for customers and staff.
- Reports to the Programme Director
- Close liaison with Executives, Heads of function as well as specialists in all business functions including extensive engagement with IT and Network delivery teams.
- Work with external suppliers & partners as appropriate
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead all elements of a project by working effectively with all stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Plan the project by determining all resource requirements and agreeing delivery dates with delivery teams
- Deliver the project to agreed budget and timelines.
- Deploy best practice project management methods with a particular focus on issue resolution.
- Ensure effective reporting with the aim of full visibility of programme status and issues at all times.
- Operate with CFL project governance guidelines at all times.
- Perform all aspects of project management in line with Community Fibre Project Management methodologies, ensuring best practice, including ensuring scope is clearly defined, testing is supported and hand over to support is seamless.
- To develop and maintain relationships at all levels especially in the IT organisation to aide planning and prioritisation of project delivery.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Very strong customer and end-user orientation – using this as the guiding light for what it right for the project outcomes
- Experience of managing multiple projects in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Degree or related business discipline
- Able to lead ownership transfer from project teams to the business
- Experience in Project / Program Management using leading methodologies and processes where appropriate
- Proven experience in commercial engagements, including contract negotiation, implementation, and impact analysis
- Experience of managing and/or engaging with multiple parties including directors, senior managers, business stakeholders, and third-party vendors on new high profile and technologically innovative enterprise-wide solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the development lifecycle within the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives
- Experience in budgetary control and resource allocation
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.