Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- The role will be responsible for all aspects of IT Testing in Community fibre
- Resource planning
- Management of outsourced testing teams
- Test strategy, delivery
- Test automation
- Test Environments
- Test data
- Test quality assurance and standards
- The Test Manager role is critical to our future success at Community Fibre with a significant roadmap of projects to deliver as well as a major emphasis on maintaining and improving the customer experience through excellent quality delivery and assurance.
- The role will report to the Head of Business Analysis and Testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Management of resource planning to ensure projects can be accommodated from a testing perspective at the right time in the project lifecycle
- Management of outsourced team of test resources
- Vendor management of the outsources partners holding regular service reviews and performance meetings
- Ensuing delivery of testing to time and budget
- Delivery of test strategies, test cases and defect reporting
- Using automation tools and test resources to automate testing as well as updating and maintaining regression packs
- Ensuring a regime of quality standards are implemented and adhered to
- Ensuring effective defect management and protecting our production environments from defects and poor code quality
- Understanding the testing market and taking advantage of new methods of testing, keeping Community Fibre at the forefront of the IT industry
- Working across the IT team and with internal customers to ensure an excellent performance of the testing function within the overall delivery lifecycle
- Work with IT teams to set up and management of test environments.
- Ensure test engineers gather and apply the appropriate test data to use in testing activities.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- 5 years’ experience of running testing in a medium / large enterprise
- A proven track record of continuous improvement in a testing environment
- Experience of delivering a successful testing regime via a complex roadmap
- Desirable to have a formal qualification such as ISTQB or ISEB
- Leadership of a geographically diverse team spread over different time zones
- Excellent communication skills
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.