Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
The HR and Training Officer is a generalist HR role focusing their experience in the areas of Learning and Development and Recruitment as part of the wider People Team (HR) function. This multifaceted role will evolve through two phases as described below:
The first phase of the role will focus specifically on building sustainable talent pipelines to fill high volume job roles, such as door to door Sales Representatives. This will be achieved by taking a multichannel approach to reach local talent communities, building out talent pools through online channels and also driving and developing offline channels through close working relationships with our Local Authorities, Job Centre’s, Ex-Military, Colleges, Universities, Schools and Job Fairs.
As the recruitment campaign is underway, dedicated ‘Academies’ will be developed and coordinated by the Recruitment and Training Officer for our high-volume vacancies. These dedicated Academies will then act as a ‘training ground’ for all new recruits, allowing them the dedicated training time they need to get up to speed in their new role, before they hit the field.
Once this first stage is established and self-sustainable, the second phase of the role will begin, stepping back from supporting recruitment and playing a more active role in Learning and Development and HR initiatives at CFL. Working in the People Development team to advance the People Development Roadmap.
What you’ll be doing:
Initially, this role will focus on:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the Local Authorities, Job Centres, Ex-Military, Charities, Colleges, Universities and Schools in the communities we serve.
- Spreading the word of Community Fibre Limited as an Employer of choice, attending job fairs, college/community talks building our employer presence.
- Supporting our recruiters to foster strong talent pipelines and as required, feeding to the development and coordination of Talent Open Days, starting off specifically with our Sales team.
- The development and coordination of successful training academy programmes that facilitate developing talent with strong attitudes who meet the key behaviours of their job role, but may not necessarily have the key skills (technical or otherwise), training these individuals in the skills required and then releasing them into their new department.
- Sourcing and identifying key training providers we can partner with to help with imparting the knowledge participants of the training academies need in order to have the skills to be successful in their new roles.
Once the above has become self-sustaining and handed over to the recruitment team, this role will then focus on:
- Supporting the People Development Partner on all things People Development at CFL.
- Helping to identify all People Development opportunities within teams and across the business. Working closely with Company leaders to bring these opportunities to life. Supporting the development of (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Apprenticeship, Traineeship and Training Academies. Developing also with he support of recruitment team, the talent pipelines for these roles.
- Supporting with the development of internal and externally sourced Employee Training Programmes and Partners, to enhance the learning and development of our people in their CFL lifecycle.
- Continuous improvement of Skills and Competency Mapping based on job role to support in the development then, of career progression pathways.
- Running, management and coordination of training, ensuring that all participants attend what they’ve been booked on and they know why they are there and what they will learn.
- From time to time this role work on generalist people/HR related tasked and initiatives, as/when required.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Self-motivated go-getter with a can-do attitude.
- Efficient - A planner who is able to prioritise.
- Flexible & adaptable; open to trying out new ideas and finding the positives in setbacks.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Exudes confidence and is happy to challenge.
- Happy to speak in front of people/ crowds.
- A willingness to think outside the box and do things differently.
- True HR Generalist with direct experience in recruitment and learning and development. Ideally within a sales/ high volume recruitment environment (desirable but not essential).
- Previous experience working with job centres, colleges, schools and presenting at Job Fairs is advantageous.
- Previous experience in setting up and running training academies to build out skills in new joiners is advantageous.
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.