Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- Managing B2B project delivery from build through to live installation.
- Ensure projects are installed on time, within budget and to the Community Fibre standards.
- Ensure we maintain our 5 star, Excellent Trustpilot rating by putting the customer at the heart of the delivery.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing the planning designs for orders ensuring all required dependencies have been completed.
- Instructing the build partner with the planning packs for quote purposes.
- Updating the tools with the order details capturing all information as required.
- Reviewing and approving build partner quotes to ensure accuracy to planning designs and compliance with Community Fibre standards.
- Raising POs for build partners to commence build activities.
- Updating overall build costs into a central tracker accurately and regularly
- Working with build partners to align order delivery timings with target delivery timeframes based on build survey assessments.
- Managing and tracking order activities to ensure order delivery is kept on track with the Build partner and or internal teams with regular calls/meetings.
- Assessing additional build costs to determine if acceptable or finding alternative resolutions by using your own experience and or liaising with field delivery managers for further assessments to be made.
- Ensuring any additional build costs have the correct documentation and approvals in place before commencing.
- Delivering progress updates to the customer on a regular basis as defined by the B2B comms process.
- Managing order delays with the build partner or internal teams to ensure delays are kept to a minimum.
- Support the build/delivery teams as required to ensure the installations adhere to strict quality standards.
- Acting as the primary escalation point for build partners and internal teams for your orders
- Reviewing As built and other completion documentation. Ensuring this uploaded by the build partner and internal teams to the relevant folders.
- Any reasonable request within your range of competence as required by your Manager
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with every day bringing a new challenge
- Project management experience – APM or Prince
- Understanding of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery – nice to have
- Knowledge of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA) - nice to have
- Build partner management experience
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the requirements under H&S – nice to have
- Great working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.