Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
- Preparation of consolidated accounts (both management and statutory) for the Group
- Support of subsidiary companies in preparation of their submission to Group Finance
- Own the consolidation process, intercompany reconciliations, and completeness of intercompany recharges
- Meeting reporting deadlines
- Close attention to detail and ensure accurate allocation of transactions and maintenance of financial systems.
- Ensure consolidated accounts and other reports (budgets, forecasts, etc.) are correctly maintained
- Ensure records are sufficient for external audit and liaison with auditors
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation of consolidated accounts
- Ensuring all current accounting (IFRS) standards are correctly applied
- Processing of elimination entries and maintain supporting workings
- Maintenance of charts of account and consistent formats/treatment of transactions in each business
- Contribution to forecasting, budgeting, and regular reporting.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Strong academics, graduate with a 2:1 degree. Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Newly qualified or 1+ years PQE experience of operating in a telecom/high tech business
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in group accounting and consolidation
- Experience of corporate reporting function, preferably using MS Dynamics 365 Finance
- Technical accountant with experience of dealing with large volumes of complex transactions
- Ambitious, keen to get hands on experience in a fast-changing scale-up environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented – ensuring audit trail is kept and strict version control
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with JIRA & Visio
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in technology industry
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.