Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert.
We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here. Our network, which we own and have built, is 100% full fibre. We install it directly into our business customer’s premises and into our consumer’s homes. We provide market leading broadband speeds, at the best prices with a real focus on customer experience - we are consistently the No1 Internet Service Provider on Trustpilot as rated by customers. And as a result we are growing fast.
We are passionate and love working with local communities … the clue is in our name. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make Gigafast internet accessible to all. We also love it when local residents become team members of Community Fibre - over 20% of our talent is from communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and have been disrupting the Broadband industry in London since then. Some recent key achievements include:
- We raised £400m investment in 2020 from large institutions to secure our ambitious growth plans.
- We have acquired over 650,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords in London to support that growth.
- We have deployed our 100% full fibre network to over 500,000 premises to deliver the growth, which is rapidly moving towards 2.2 million by the end of 2024.
We’re proud of our achievements so far, but we are not complacent and definitely not stopping here. To help us get to our future, we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard working team players to join us and be a part of our growing business.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we need a Senior Commercial & Finance Manager to support the functions within our Infrastructure Build Partner business. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of telecommunications projects.
The Senior Commercial & Finance Manager will work within a rapidly expanding team, supporting both the operational deployment team and finance teams delivering FTTH across London. Successful candidates will be responsible for handling financial information to guide the strategic direction of the company, to provide commercial and cost management support to the procurement, operations and planning teams, and to drive consistency and structure into contract partners – working within a rapidly changing construction environment.
The Senior Commercial & Finance Manager reports into the Managing Director of Community Fibre Infrastructure Partners.
What you’ll be doing:
- Development and provision of relevant and insightful financial reporting and analysis, to drive improved business performance
- Preparation of monthly accounting pack for submission to senior management
- Monthly Cash Flow & P&L forecasting
- Assist the Senior Management Team in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Maintaining and improving the reporting capabilities within the system
- Product Costing and Analysis; manage Group cross-charges
- Controlling the Purchase order process
- Ensuring all commercial areas are managed in accordance with contract and financial rules and regulations
- Ensure financial controls are correctly maintained and adhered to
- Support onboarding of new Build Partners, ensuring commercial value (cost and quality) of partners via regular, quality, governance forums.
- Maintain partner relationships
- Manage Build Partners’ adherence to contract including but not limited to;
- Support or Chair meetings with build
- Develop cost models for each build programme alongside build team
- Adopt/Develop set of reporting measures on cashflow, Opex and Capex
- Publish EOM reporting for each contractor financials
- Review and approve contractor rate changes and requests
- Reporting internally on PO Coverage for all partners
- Prepare financial certificates and reports and technical contract documents.
- Working with the finance and commercial team on budgeting and cost allocations
- Own ‘CPPP’ and ‘BoM’ documentation and issuing change management and control
- Managing and administering Contract Management Systems including reporting
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new workstreams and reviewing cost analysis
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- Recognised financial qualification (or QBE)
- Contract Management experience
- Budgeting and cost analysis experience
- Keen attention to detail around financial aspects of construction
- A strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and advanced Excel.
- Experience of change management, particularly system implementation
- The ability to influence, engage and constructively challenge
- The ability to work collaboratively with all teams
- Delivery focused with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable interfacing with Senior Management and Stakeholders
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Flexible WFH policy
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an Armed Forces friendly organisation.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.