Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
The Planning Manager is responsible for heading up the planning team, designing and planning Community Fibre’s fibre network, which includes all the outside and inside plant.
You are a highly motivated professional, who will lead and support teams of fibre network planners and designers. You will be expected to deliver high quality results against tight deadlines, making sure the teams are growing organically and delivering against targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with all the staff both Junior and Senior Planners to ensure harmony and smooth operations in all activities within the sections and the whole planning team.
- Working within the operations department (Network Delivery, Maintenance, Netops) to develop planning processes in line with a network delivery oriented approach.
- Working with the Technical Team to understand product capacity, limitations and develop planning processes and training materials for the members of the planning team.
- Assigning project and BAU works to planning teams (both in house and external) and re-assigning resources according to the business needs.
- Make sure the company obtains value for money from planning contractors, thus impacting positively on the cost strategies.
- Ensure that the right staff are recruited.
- Ensure that planning processes are developed.
- Spot check and ensure that all planning documentation is at highest standard.
- Responsible for network planning quality improvement initiatives.
- Working with GIS team and software developers to continuously improve on asset management/inventory tool.
- Working with the Head of Network Design and Data Analyst to support high quality KPI reporting. Providing progress reports on planning work activities meeting the pre-defined KPIs.
- Any other duties or tasks deemed necessary by line Management.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of the role or similar role within a telecoms build environment.
- Formal industry academic qualifications.
- Familiarity with databases and their use.
- HNC or equivalent in an Engineering or Planning discipline would be preferable.
- Able to communicate with people across multiple locations and at different levels.
- Able to identify and work with key stakeholders inside and outside of the business.
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- A total awareness and understanding of current health and safety procedures for working in the UK is essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and being PC literate - MS Word, Excel, Omnigraffle.
- GIS experience.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.