Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we need a Project Manager to lead the planning, build, and provisioning project deliverables for one or multiple programmes of work. The project managers duty is to coordinate the successful completion of project deliverables amongst internal and external project stakeholders. The task objectives are to ensuring project milestones are completed on time, within budget and to the standards and quality set by the business or our clients.
The project managers leadership attributes will be relied on to lead the project team, comprising of planning engineers, delivery managers, build engineers, and other internal/external specialists.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, and execute a programme of works for a prescribed work stream. This will include defining a project delivery plan, evaluating contractor capacity, and allocating resources accordingly. During the delivery phase, project milestones will be monitored, and actions taken accordingly to preserve the programmes delivery.
- Engage with internal and external project stakeholders for the duration of the project. This will include stakeholders from the housing association/proprietor, local authority, 3rd party (ME, property management, other), as well as build, inspection and other specialist contractors.
- Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s and technical specifications are adhered to and met.
- Act as the primary escalation point for all project deliverables, and respond / take action accordingly to mitigate the problems.
- Provide routine updates to project stakeholders by maintaining systems, applications, databases or other.
- Establish project budgets that align to our business guidelines and support each project through the approvals process. Once projects have been authorised, complete the necessary financial deliverables including the request for quotes, invoicing and DFE’s of our contractors.
- Coordinate the procurement of project supplies and materials, ensuring these items are tracked from supplier to installation.
- Support the build/delivery team ensuring the installations adhere to strict quality standards.
- Ensure all completion documentation and as-built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Understand of FTTP, Openreach network and civils delivery.
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience of working within street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA).
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network (desirable).
- Supplier management experience.
- Relevant experience within the Telecommunications arena, with proven track record of successful delivery of large scale telecom projects.
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- Understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the requirements under H&S.
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.