Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
The role of Full Stack Developer is to design and build capabilities that let users visualize and interact with data to meet business process needs. To achieve this, our Full Stack Developers are involved in all stages of the product development and deployment lifecycle: idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration.
The role requires a strong front-end coder comfortable being involved idea generation, user interviews, planning, design, prototyping, execution, shipping, and iteration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design, coding, testing and deployment of new or modified systems, applications and programs including the design of new software solutions.
- Analyse user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for development.
- Assist in the support of our development tools, systems, and software and performance-tune these systems as necessary.
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according as directed by the Development Lead.
- Assist, assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials and provide technical support as necessary.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to junior members of the team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of working within Agile environment with daily stand-ups, work stack review and sprint planning.
- Experience with AWS/Azure, Kubernetes/Docker.
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets.
- Strong Microservices.
- Able to prioritise and execute tasks in a challenging environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Project management skills.
- ITIL qualified preferred but not essential.
- Working Knowledge of ISO27001 security standard (desirable).
- Knowledge of Angular, React Native, React, Node.js (desirable).
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ (desirable).
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.