Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we need a Delivery Manager to lead the installations of our fibre optic network.
The Delivery Manager’s duty is to coordinate the successful completion of SDU installations, ensure that contractor work is in compliance with CFL standards, and where required take a more proactive lead in completing installations. To ensure that each project is delivered as planned the Delivery Manager will oversee the civil and cabling installation, splicing and testing elements of our build contractors to ensure that our network is presented on time for any external project stakeholders. The task objectives are to support the project manager in ensuring project milestones are completed on time, within budget and to the standards and quality set by the business or our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the quality of the installations of SDU project sites whether internally or externally with contractor.
- Supervising contractor 1st fix installation teams, ensuring that any project-specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the Community Fibre and Contractor teams.
- Assist Project Manager in key tasks associated to client sites including; performance managing contractor resource, reporting and site handover documentation.
- Ensuring splicing, testing and reporting on our optical network is carried out to a standard as outlined by the CF standard splicing at testing documentation.
- Assess works completed by a 3rd party to allow sign off.
- Verifying at relevant project stages (‘sign-off’) that these standards have been achieved (or triggering remedial action required).
- Ensure that Community Fibre H&S requirements are being adhered to at all times
Qualifications & Experience:
- Understand of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery.
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and qualification within street works. Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act.
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network – desirable.
- Experience splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks.
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- Proven Experience completing 1st and 2nd fix customer installations.
- BT accredited splicing qualification.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.