Community Fibre is on a mission to bring “Better Internet to Everyone”, unlike many traditional "fibre broadband" providers where old and slow copper technology is used, Community Fibre install optical fibre cables directly to homes giving the customer access to “true” fibre broadband.
Since December 2015 our key achievements have been:
- Raised £90m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to 100,000 premises.
We are here to disrupt the market and change the rules of the game. Our teams are empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and rewarded with endless opportunities to develop. Every member of our team plays an integral part of our success.
We are continuing to grow rapidly and to support the next stage of our growth we require an experienced engineer to work as a fundamental team member within our Field Services team.
The engineer should be experienced in all field-based elements of a FTTx network, showcasing technical and professional experience to our customers as well as internally to support and grow the team within the business. These systems are likely to include critical splicing field work, testing reporting and analysing new and existing contractor work, attending customer installations requiring the attention of a senior engineer and setting an example to all vendors internal and external for health and safety excellence at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Head of Field Services in all field services engineering/maintenance projects.
- Ensuring splicing, testing and reporting on our optical network is carried out to a standard as outlined by the Community Fibre - Standard Splicing and Testing documentation.
- Supervising contractor maintenance installation teams, ensuring that any project-specific quality or technical standards are well understood by the Community Fibre and contractor teams.
- Undertake works resulting from internal requirements, or requests from our clients and other 3rd parties to modify, remove or replace our existing network components.
- Ensure that Community Fibre health & safety requirements are being adhered to, in accordance with the company health and safety management system, owned by the HSEQ Manager.
- Work alongside Field Services Manager/Engineers to ensure that all field services programmes are achieved on time and to the full satisfaction of the customer.
- Shift work will be required after the initial training period.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant job experience and training on site.
- Experience in splicing & OTDR testing.
- Experienced in Fault finding.
- Experience within telecommunications 1st and 2nd fix.
- Experience with fibre blowing machines
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and qualifications in NRSWA.
- BT Accredited splicing qualification.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Construction Design Management (CDM) and the Health & Safety requirements incumbent with such tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors.
- Working at height desirable.
- Qualified Electrician desirable.
- IPAF licence desirable.
- CSCS desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.