Hi there! Thanks for stopping by our job advert. We’re Community Fibre and our mission is to bring better internet to everyone. You won’t find any old and slow copper technology here, our network is full fibre and that’s directly to our customers so whether you’re a gamer, you have lots of data hungry family members or you love to chill out and download a movie we will have a package for you.
The clue is in our name and we love working with local communities in London. We want to bridge the digital divide in society and make internet accessible to all. We also love when we can welcome residents from the local community becoming team members of CFL, over 20% of our talent is from local communities that we serve.
We are not the new kid on the block, we were established in 2013 and some of our key achievements since then include:
- Raised £400m investment from large institutions.
- Acquired over 360,000 wayleaves across Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Private Landlords.
- Deployed our full fibre infrastructure to over 100,000 premises.
So far we’re proud of our achievements and we are doing a great job disrupting the broadband industry but we are definitely not stopping here. To help us we’re looking for forward thinkers, people with big ideas, people passionate about technology and most importantly hard workers to join us and help support our growing business.
The role of the IT Systems Assistant will work as part of the Information Technology function to manage and maintain the company's IT systems and services.
You will provide support and technical expertise as required as part of the IT systems administration team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure that all systems are monitored using tools provided.
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of Master Server Reference List.
- Ensure, with backup service group, that all servers are backed up appropriately.
- Monitor and test server and network performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- To ensure that the company's computing resources are well managed with records kept detailing allocation of hardware, software licences and other assets.
- Implementation of IT security policy and procedures.
- Implementation of the company's data protection policy ensuring that data security is robust.
- Support agreed software and services including MS Office 365, Mimecast, Amazon AWS and other systems.
- Support hardware and software support to both desktop and mobile users across the business, in all locations.
- Ensure that all cases are logged on the helpdesk system.
The experience we’re looking for you to bring:
- OBASHI Foundation Qualified or familiar with the OBASHI Methodology.
- Experience in delivering and supporting a complex Windows Active Directory and Linux Server Environments
- Experience of AWS EC2 / ECS environments.
- Experience in managing Office 365 ( email, SharePoint , teams/skype )
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and mentoring less experienced team members.
- Good scripting skills in PowerShell, VBS, CMD Shell Python or alternatives.
- In depth experience of support/delivery of Group Policies for desktop and server.
- Experience of working to and exceeding targets
- Experience of virtualisation and containerisation technologies ( Kubernetes, Hyper-V, ProxMOX )
Why join us:
- You get to work with some of the best technology in the market
- Be part of an exciting scale up business where you can bring your ideas, bring your knowledge, we value your contribution
- We all love time off whether that’s going on an exotic holiday or a staycation, you’ll get 25 days holiday to enjoy, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 28 days
- Birthday leave, our treat to you
- Keen cyclist, join our cycle to work scheme
- Enjoy the perks of Vitality health
- You get to work with an amazing bunch of people
What happens next:
You’ve done your bit so sit back and relax, we will review your application and come back to you.
If we think you’re not quite right for the role you have applied for but may be a better fit for another, we’ll definitely let you know.
Want to know more about a career at CFL, check out our careers page: https://communityfibre.co.uk/jobs
We are an equal opportunities employer that values diversity in our team, we welcome applications from all backgrounds.